Monday, December 1, 2008

Bailey

Hello!
I am a new owner of my first mastador puppy, Bailey. I adopted her from a local rescue shelter near my house in Duluth, Ga.

Bailey is 10 weeks old now, and so far sh
e has been a great puppy. She is very rambunctious, friendly with people and other dogs; loves to play, and naps with equal enthusiasm. Being with the people is one of her main concerns, and she is happiest when everyone is in one room hanging out. New noises also keep her interest, and she has to check everything out.
Another thing I am noticing is that she is very vocal! She growls and barks at her toys, and huffs and barks at me when she thinks I should be paying attention to her and I am doing something else.

Here are some photos of her:



Bailey was at the shelter with
her brother. He looked more like a mastiff in the face, and she definitely looks more like a lab in the face, with a brindle coat like mastiffs have. I am excited to see how big she gets in the upcoming months, because I don't know anything about her parents, other than one was a lab, and one was a mastiff. She was 8 pounds at 8 weeks, and seems to be getting longer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bailey is adorable! She must take after the Lab parent in size, my pup Jade was 16 lbs. at 6 weeks when I brought her home. Of course, that means smaller food bills and smaller clean up, and you still get the good looks and great personality! Keep us updated on her, we'll be glad to offer suggestions if you want them!

Moosey said...

Oh my gosh! Bailey is gorgeous. Looks like she's got blue eyes, too! That is just too cute!

Amy said...

My Mastador is very vocal as well, he sounds like Chewy from Star Wars. Like you mentioned he does it alot when we are not paying attention to him, especially if you are on the phone!!!