Sunday, May 18, 2008

Introduction

Hello everyone! My name is Leena, I am Togo's Mom and I am new to this site. We live in state of Georgia, in the northern side of Atlanta, we have three adult kids (last one is graduating high school in a week) and we have Togo.

Togo was a Christmas Present to our youngest for Christmas 2006. When he came to us he was 12 weeks old and weighed 22 pounds. We got him from a Mastiff breeder in Wisconsin - they had had an "oops" litter, when their black lab male got too closely acquainted with a young female mastiff. The breeder's guess was that Togo would grow up to be about 125 lbs - and guess what, he is currently 125 lbs! Togo is still a puppy, very eager to please, very loving and affectionate - and totally unaware that he is a size of a small horse and therefor not a lap dog!

We have a blog spot page for Togo on his own, where my children also blog for him. That page is http://mistertaco.blogspot.com if you are interested in Togo's life through the eyes of all of us. I will also blog on the mastador site for updates every now and then. I should have plenty of time in my hands next year since all the kids will be out of the house. But we will have Togo.

Leena

2 comments:

Moosey said...

Hi Leena! Welcome! Togo looks huge. Our dog, Rocco, isn't so big. He's reached 100 lbs, but we don't think he'll get any larger (unless he gets fatter). Anyway, welcome to the site. :)

jennifer said...

Leena, My name is Jennifer from GA. My family lives just a little North of you in the same county.:-)Thank you much for posting your wonderful stories about Togo. My husband and I have been researching about Dog breeds. We are a "big dog" kind of family and are now sold on Mastadors. We are so excited about getting one of our own to love this year. We lost the best Rottie in the world a few years ago to old age and cancer. However, we are now ready to to open our home and hearts again for another amazing dog. Togo sounds great and reminds me so much of our Rottie.

Give Togo a big hug for us.
Jennifer