Thursday, April 24, 2008

Rocco's latest mishap

Well, Rocco ran into an SUV today. Yep... He didn't get hit. He hit the car. I wasn't exactly sure what was going on in his mind since I didn't see any animal, though he could have seen a squirrel.

Anyway, the car was already coming up the road and Rocco was beside me in our yard so I wasn't worried. But then he just ran into the street and smack into the side of the car. The driver stopped and I apologized. I said my silly dog ran into her, she didn't hit anything. The car was fine, so was Rocco. Though he looked kind of sheepish afterward.

I know we are very lucky he didn't get injured. Things could have been much worse!

3 comments:

JMKKBU said...

Close call! I'm glad he wasn't hurt. When I walk Buford by the road he is constantly trying to pull on the leash so he can chase cars (it's a busy road). It's scary but I'm not sure how to train him not to. I try saying NO! and giving a firm pull on the leash but that hasn't worked.

Heather said...

WOW! I dont know if I would have been more scared, or shocked.....thats is so weird? Glad hes ok

Moosey said...

I actually was not very scared. I watched the whole thing unfold. I watched Rocco run into the car. I think he just didn't see it. He normally does not chase cars. In fact, he's been loose in the yard with cars going by and he just sits on our hill and watches the traffic. the only thing he chases are squirrels. I've been able to get him to stop pulling to chase squirrels when we walk by saying "Leave it" very firmly. I also use a gentle leader (harness around his head), and that helps A LOT!

So now when he sees a squirrel and we are leased, he will perk up, but if I say "leave it" he won't go after it.